IN THE DIGITAL COMMERCE ECONOMY
2019 in summary
Ascential is a specialist information data and analytics company that helps the world's most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
ADJUSTED DILUTED EARNINGS PER SHARE
ORGANIC REVENUE GROWTH
ADJUSTED EBITDA MARGIN
NET DEBT LEVERAGE
We enable smart decision-making for the world's most ambitious businesses. In an increasingly complex, digitally-driven world, we help the world's top consumer product and service companies understand what's important and how to act on it – today, and in the future.
01. PRODUCT DESIGN
We deliver trend forecasting and insights, enabling customers to design for tomorrow's consumers.
We enable customers to create, execute and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, leveraging creativity to create a world-class brand experience.
Chief Executive's statement
We are pleased to report a successful performance in 2019, growing both revenue and profit and delivering well on the priorities we set out.
The planned investments we made to position the Digital Commerce products in our Sales segment as the number one platform in the market were funded by strong operating leverage that was delivered in our Product Design, Marketing and Built Environment and Policy segments.
As we enter 2020 we have four core objectives:
1Increase the rate of Organic revenue growth in the Sales segment by accelerating Money20/20 and by driving strong billings growth in Edge in the second half of 2020.
2Focus on our service offering to further reduce customer churn.
3Deliver Product Superiority across the Company allowing for further premium pricing for our highest quality products.
4Deliver greater simplicity and efficiency throughout the business, including new systems and processes in our Finance, Marketing and Sales functions.
We work with the world's best consumer brands and their ecosystems, connecting them with their customers throughout the purchase journey. We enable our customers to deliver superior products, marketing and sales in a digital-driven world.
The customer path-to-purchase
- We deliver trend forecasting and insights, enabling customers to design for tomorrow's consumers.
- We enable customers to create, execute and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, leveraging creativity to create a world-class brand experience.
- We deliver data, analytics and industry-specific intelligence to maximise our customers digital commerce, optimising distribution strategy, product portfolio, pricing, search and payments strategy.
- Digital Subscriptions & Platforms - 52%
- Events - 33%
- Advisory - 15%
- SUBSCRIPTIONS AND REPEAT BUSINESS - 82%
- NEW BUSINESS - 18%
- NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA - 50%
- UK - 22%
- EUROPE - 15%
- APAC - 11%
- REST OF THE WORLD - 2%
- TOP 100 - 32%
- TOP 10 - 11%
- TOP 20 - 5%
- TOP 80 - 16%
- TOP 100 - 32%
Be a market leading information company enabling our customers to excel in the digital economy in product design, marketing and sales.
- 1. High execution focus for our 2019 growth brands
- 2. Integration of Edge by Ascential
Accelerate the organic growth of our revenues and optimise margins and profits.
- 3. Marketing segment back to growth
- 4. Achieve outstanding customer service programmes
Apply a tightly focussed capital allocation process, to achieve our goals and to maximise value creation for our shareholders.
- 5. Continuing policy of focused capital allocation
Ascential has four operational segments covering Product Design, Marketing, Sales and Built Environment & Policy.
Download full report
Download the full Ascential Annual Report 2019. For further information, visit our website www.ascential.com